Our founder, Jack Kurdzionak, began repairing watches for the local trade in the early 1970s. In 1987 he and his wife Terry Kurdzionak opened The Watchmaker in a small shop just down the street from our current location. It was the proverbial “mom and pop” shop, with a few dozen watches for sale and lots of watches to repair. The Watchmaker is now owned by their son David. David was raised in the business, working at the shop at some capacity since junior high school. We have grown considerably over the years, and are proud to be a service center and authorized dealer for some of the finest Swiss watch brands.
We do business as we always have, where the quality and integrity of our work is of the utmost importance. We are proud of our industry affiliations, and are active in the American Watch and Clockmakers Institute as well as the local chapter of the Massachusetts Watch and Clockmakers Association. David currently serves as the Chairman of the Board of the Massachusetts Watchmakers/Clockmakers Association.
We are the official service provider for Oris watches for the United States, as well as recognized as an official service center for Victorinox, Cartier, Junkers, Zeppelin, Revue Thommen, Rotary, and Dreyfuss.
Our shop uses the most modern equipment available, our watchmakers take advantage of continuing education courses whenever possible, and we take great pride in our trade.
Memberships and Professional Associations
- Past President of the Massachusetts Watchmakers-Clockmakers Association, Current Chairman of the Board of that group
- 4 Members and 1 Past President of the American Watchmakers-Clockmakers Institute
- Member National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
- Member American Watch Guild
- David is also a musician in the Boston Area, playing Tenor Saxophone and Hammond Organ when not fixing watches